RE: 1099 work and employment taxes

Subject: RE: 1099 work and employment taxes
From: "Harper, Frank" <Frank -dot- Harper -at- BellSouth -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:46:52 -0600

I STONGLY suggest you contact a CPA. It is well worth the expense to know
what you need to do as a self-employed person (as denoted by a 1099). I have
been contracting for over 12 years and rely on my friendly CPA. It is very
much cheaper than paying penalties to the tax man.

BTW, you are responsible for ALL the SS and Medicare taxes - employer and
employee. How you recoop those is best left to the tax professional.

Frank Harper
HIDS Incorporated

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com