Re: TECHWR-L 10-year Praise-a-Thon

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L 10-year Praise-a-Thon
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:42:24 -0800

As people praise the Techwr-l list, I hope they don't forget the Techwr-l site. The site is the premier source for information about technical writing; so far as I'm aware, nothing else comes close. Not only that, but its employment articles are so well-respected that recruiters and career management firms regularly steer people towards them - especially Tom Murrell's article on the T-Letter.

I should also add that Deb Ray is one of the best editors I've worked with. She's given me useful suggestions about both structure and content, and always manages to do so in the most tactful way possible. I'm sure that Geoff Hart and anyone else who has written for the site will endorse my comments.

I've been grateful to theTechwr-l list many times, for advice, information, and, sometimes, simple support. But I'm even prouder to have been a small part of an effort as successful as the Techwr-l web site.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Who went mad, who drowned in drink,
Who's in a cage and who's extinct?
Who ended up in a uniform?
The Lion and the Unicorn."
-The Men They Couldn't Hang, "The Lion and the Unicorn"

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com