Re: Curious about what you do

Subject: Re: Curious about what you do
From: GeneK <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:41:08 -0800

Right now I'm doing contract writing while looking for my next direct
position, and yes, it does seem that most of the activity is in software,
at least on the contract front. In the past, I've written mostly about
combined hardware and software systems, I imagine that in the
current economic situation most companies are clamping down on
their new capital equipment purchases but spending a bit here and
there on software upgrades.

Interestingly, most of the people I've run into in the past few years
who've been getting hired to document consumer electrics and
electronics seem to be marcom writers rather than technical writers.
I'm not sure why, or even if my experience is typical of what's
happening generally.

Gene Kim-Eng
Technical Publications Manager
Half Moon Bay, CA

At 09:55 AM 2/17/2003 -0500, chix linux wrote:

Hello everybody:
I've been on this list for just a couple of months,
mostly lurking but I have posted a few times. In the
short time I have been here I have learned so much
from all of you - thank you.

I have a question. From reading your posts I gather
that most of you document software. Is this correct?

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com