RE: Ethics, ownership of product, and suchlike

Subject: RE: Ethics, ownership of product, and suchlike
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:02:13 -0500

I think it depends under what conditions the original brochure was created.
There's a difference between these two scopes:

1) Create template and content to reflect our company's commitment
to....yadayadayada.

2) Produce brochure for X product.

Scope 1 shows they paid money for the development of the template in
addition to the rest of the production. The request would be wrong.

Scope 2 doesn't care about the components. For they know, you reused a
template from somewhere else. I don't know if it would be wrong to use the
same template again.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com