RE: Why JPGs for screen captures?

Subject: RE: Why JPGs for screen captures?
From: Selene_Castilla -at- e-strategia -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:31:17 -0800

"Has anyone using other graphics programs
done a GIF-vs-JPG experiment like the one I described above?"

I've been using screenshots in different ways, experimenting to get better
results. Some of the screenshots I use in printed materials and some go to
the web. For the printed, since we make workbooks in PPT (don't ask me
why), we use JPG because it makes the final file lighter, (let say a
presentation with BMP wights 10 mb, and with JPG it goes to 3 or 4 mb) and
it prints much better than GIF, that we left to use for the web.

The original question here was about the best format to use in Flash, I
recommended using JPG because of its weight and how it looks, and that's
the way I've done it. but if there's a better way I'll be very pleased to
hear suggestions.

:)

selene castilla
media developer

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com