Stupid/silly questions

Subject: Stupid/silly questions
From: "Suzette" <suzette -dot- leeming -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 11:07:32 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Mikey wrote:

Here! Here!

There is some judging endemic to this list, including previous cowardly
and
baseless characterizations concerning racism and xenophobia. I agree
that
subscribers should be free to ask whatever question they like without
being
clobbered by the technical communications intelligentsia. Fine! Disagree

with a question or with some other matter raised in a post. However,
assigning a label from the comfort of your desktop, or making false
assumptions about the questioner stifles many other questioners and adds
chill to this forum.

Isn't it enough to simply indicate that a particular question or request
is
perhaps not practical. Dick Margulis explained clearly and succinctly
the
various avenues for graphic formats. However, it was wrapped with an
implication that the questioner was foolish or weak-minded. Why was it
necessary to chide in this manner? Why not take it off list?

In retrospect, I realize I should have been more specific in my question. I
was interested in discovering preferences for screenshots in documentation,
and the rationale for each. More specifically, screen captures for
FrameMaker, where the end result is either printed and/or PDF documenation.
You're right though Mikey, my question was not practical. However, once
realizing that, I lost all desire to be chided again, on list or off. Over
the years that I have been on this list, I have posted less and less. My
daughter did a search on my name a couple of weeks ago on the net, and came
up with several posts to this list, which surprised us both.

Please don't suggest it be taken off-list. Being made to feel stupid on the
list is bad enough. Filling my mailbox with such sentiments is not
appreciated.

Suzette Leeming (formerly Seveny)
Telecommuting (very quietly)
Keswick, Ontario

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com