Word 2002: error opening ForeHelp rtf file

Subject: Word 2002: error opening ForeHelp rtf file
From: Jacqueline Fry <jacqueline -at- trangosoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:09:24 -0500

Hi there. I am 'delurking' to ask a ForeHelp 4.0 question. I am using two
conditions in my source. When I create an rtf using one condition (smaller
number of topics), I can open the resulting .rtf file with no problems.
However, when I create an rtf using the other condition (greater number of
topics), I receive an error of "The document name or path is not valid. Try
these suggestions:". The two suggestions are to check file permissions, and
to open the file using the Open command on the File menu in Word. I have
tried both of these suggestions, and they didn't solve the problem.

I have also tried changing the path where the rtf file is built. And,
funnily enough, I can convert the doc to .fm format (FrameMaker 6.0) just to
see if it would work, and it was fine. I have checked the Microsoft
Knowledge Base and the Techwrl archives for suggestions but haven't found
any solutions.

I am wondering if the version of Word has something to do with it (although
I haven't had a problem viewing rtfs using Word 2002 until very recently),
or perhaps the file size (about 1300 topics/pages).

If you have any suggestions, please email me directly, as I receive the list
in Digest mode.

Thanks.

Jacqueline Fry
Information Developer
Trango Software, division of Siemens Canada Limited
Thornhill, ON

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com