Re: Perceptually true, Technically wrong

Subject: Re: Perceptually true, Technically wrong
From: "Jan Cohen" <familyforever -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:20:19 -0500

Gee, talk about a timely thread...

I've just rebuilt my computer, having brought it up to DOOM III speed.
Unfortunately, my CPU is running a TAD bit hot for my liking now, so I've
been investigating alternative "cooling devices," lapping heatsinks, etc. I
must have already viewed 100 web sites for relevant info, and it seems to me
that when it comes to computers and the cooling thereof, the word "fan"
seems commonplace.

I've been in electronics for some 35 years now, and as far back as I
remember a cooling system was a cooling system, in which a fan was an
integral periphery. And now that it's 2003, I figure when DOOM III hits the
market in a number of months, my now "supersonic" number cruncher will be
able to aptly handle the increase in power consumption and heat expenditure
the game will subject my workhorse to. Call it efficiency (which it really
isn't) or whatever you like.

Air moving device...? Perhaps the mouth on some young, inexperienced
engineer who really doesn't know his other air moving device from an orifice
in the earth's surface structure.

Tell him the acronym "AMD" is already trademarked.

Jan Cohen
moving air

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com