Re: Maximum File Size For Word Documents

Subject: Re: Maximum File Size For Word Documents
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:18:22 -0700

Robert E. Simanski wrote:

<...an unbelievable amount of stuff...>

Okay, Robert, I think I get it: you don't like Word.

Despite that fact, many of us (myself included) work in enviroments where
we MUST compose, collaborate on, and deliver our documents in Word.

You're a proposal manager - so am I. And I don't know about you, but when
AT&T sends me an RFP stating that my response must be delivered in the
form of Word docs, I just don't feel comfortable firing off an e-mail
telling them that Frame (or Ami Pro) is far better. YMMV.

You may really kick @ss on Ami Pro. You may prefer it by far to Word or
other tools. But while somebody else is paying you, don't you feel the
best choice is the one that is most useful to your employer? If your
office communicates in Word, are you helping or hindering by being a
holdout for your tool of choice?

Like it or not, Word is what most offices use to communicate (and often to
publish). I've accepted the fact, and have made it a point to get really
good at using Word. So far, that works for me. I've worked extensively in
PageMaker, WordPerfect, FrameMaker, Works, and Word. None of them is
perfect, in my experience. They're all just tools. I can create huge
documents in Word with tons of graphics. But I had to learn how. Same with
Frame - I had to learn how.

It's the stuff I write, not the tool I use, that I think is important.

Keith Cronin
Tech writing. It's all about righteous indignation.

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com