RE: Any Techwhirlers in 3d games?

Subject: RE: Any Techwhirlers in 3d games?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:30:57 -0700

First of all, ditto what everybody else has said.

To add to that: If you're the kind of person who needs to be told exactly
what to do, quit this job immediately.

They've thrown you in, and expect YOU to come up with solutions. Which
means you need to find out what their problems are. To use a buzzword that
makes me cringe, you need to get proactive.

This kind of job is NOT for everybody. There's no shame in quitting if you
find this situation unduly unpleasant. But I encourage you to try taking
the bull by the horns, and DECIDE what needs to be done, and DO it. It can
actually be kinda fun.

Not every tech writer enjoys this kind of environment. And while I don't
mind my job being *hard*, I'm not willing for it to be *torture*. So you
need to decide for yourself whether you find this situation intolerable or
merely unusual.

And if you do quit, I bet there's a lot of us on the list that would be
interested in the gig... ;)

Good luck, no matter what you decide!

Keith Cronin
When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com