Re: grant writing

Subject: Re: grant writing
From: runar -at- corecomm -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:50:21 -0700

"Greg T" <ggthomp -at- attbi -dot- com> wrote, in part, "Are they any grant writers out there who I can
pick your brains about the non-profit space?"

Shouldn't this have been, "Are there any grant writers whose brains I can
pick about the non-profit space?"

After all, we ARE writers, and if we don't maintain standards among
ourselves, where will it end? I'm having plenty of trouble maintaining my
personal equilibrium between listening to combat euphemisims on the news
and dealing with nerve damage in my left hand causing embarrassing typos.
I hope I can put the "grammar guerilla" aspect of my personality in my
desk drawer while I'm dealing with professional matters.

By the way, I agree with Margaret Muwonge on different than/from (I also
distinguish between 'shall' and 'will', avoid the future tense in
documentation and use 'among' rather than 'between' when numbers are three
or greater). What I don't like, however, is being called a 'T-Dubya', but
that's just my opinion.

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com