Re: Worrisome email

Subject: Re: Worrisome email
From: "Paul Strasser" <paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:23:14 -0600

I received a similar email just a few minutes ago, and it was from:
pfjamdxpji-ckoeizlc -at- tECdZlYBY -dot- com

I don't believe that's a microsoft email address.

Part of this email read: "this is the latest version of security update,
the
"April 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates
all known security vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer,
Outlook and Outlook Express as well as five newly
discovered vulnerabilities.

"Please do not reply to this message. It was sent from an unmonitored
e-mail address and we are unable to respond to any replies.

"Thank you for using Microsoft products.

"With friendly greetings,
"MS Security Division"

I like that "with friendly greetings." Sort of very sounds like someone who
she is not all familair with English at he is spoken as firstly language.

Be careful out there.

Paul Strasser
Windsor Technologies, Inc.
2569 Park Lane, Suite 200
Lafayette, Colorado 80026
Phone: 303-926-1982
FAX: 303-926-1510
E-mail: paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com