Marketing help

Subject: Marketing help
From: "Paul Strasser" <paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:38:35 -0600

I wear many hats where I work, and this week I had to dig out an old, dusty
hat I hadn't worn since college. I need to do a market analysis.
Competition, products, projects, the market as a whole - the whole nine
yards of basic research that I haven't done in a long while - like since J
Carter was in the White House.. Kinda fun, actually.

But there is one area that's giving me trouble. Not competition or anything
on a smaller scale. It's the big stuff - like "What is the size of the
software development market, US and international," or "What is the size of
the financial/environmental/engineering/consumer software development
market, and what percentage of that is government?"

They are the sort of questions whose answers are, in some ways, unimportant.
I can't imagine a company discovering that the financial software
development market is only $34 billion next year, and we won't go into
project X because we thought it was closer to $36 billion. But this sort of
info is often the lead for a market research project, so it's included.

I only have time at work to do this, so I'm prevented from trips to local
business college libraries where research was conducted BG (Before Google.)

Could any of you provide links to possible sources for this sort of info?
I'm having a tough time of it.

Thanks.

Paul Strasser
Windsor Technologies, Inc.
2569 Park Lane, Suite 200
Lafayette, Colorado 80026
Phone: 303-926-1982
FAX: 303-926-1510
E-mail: paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com