Re: "found" TW humor (low)

Subject: Re: "found" TW humor (low)
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:27:05 -0400

Now, Bonnie conceded on-list and this thread may be old, but I fell behind and
did not get a chance to reply.

I still think that unless there is any other supporting evidence of base hunour
or wit from the author in other works, any dirty connotations of the word bang
are entirely in the mind of the readers.

>>I can see nothing in the text whatsoever except "bang"
>>that would even invite a reference to a "child", love
>>or otherwise.
>>
>>As I said, there's nothing except the word "bang" to
>>denote generation of life. If I've missed something
>>else, Eric, be kind enough point it out.

The Universe was born. No reference, refered or otherwise to life. The word
child is legitimately used for inanimate objects and constructs. Many inanimate
things come to life without any sexual intercourse, human or otherwise.

This entity in this case, the universe, was born of indeterminate origin. Hence
a whimsical reference 'love-child'.

The unfortunate link between child and bang in terms of fornication and creation
of _human_ life may be entirely in the mind of the readers on this list and not
at all meant by the author. Unless you can prove otherwise, I'm inclined to
beleive the authors innocence and good intentions.

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com