Re: Advice on using Word to generate index

Subject: Re: Advice on using Word to generate index
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:00:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com wrote:

> Make sure you view hidden text while you're editing
> your index marks, and note that the index mark
> should always default to the style of the paragraph
> it's in. If it doesn't, then the index itself will
> look hinky.

I don't think you mean this. If the paragraph is bold
(like a heading or a caption) the index entry will be
bold. If it's italic, the index entry will be italic.
that's surely not what you want. If I'm indexing a
term in a heading, I put the index mark on another
line that's regular text font. They're all invisible
anyway, so as long as it's on the right page, it's no
problem.

I think the really important thing to remember is to
keep capitalization consistent. If you want everything
to be initial capped (or not), make sure you enter it
that way. Word sees "Filename" and "filename" as two
different things.

=====
Maggie Secara

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com