RE: Documenting Component Object Model (COM+)

Subject: RE: Documenting Component Object Model (COM+)
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:54:22 -0700 (PDT)

---------------------------
John asked:
Similar question...what elements of information would I need to
include in a "dictionary" for each of our 40 or so COMs.

I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure I understand what information you're looking for. Are you saying that you want to create a reference source that describes each of the COM+ apps and you are asking what info you should include?

This is probably the "stupid" answer, but have you tried going through component services and checking out their properties? You might be able to figure out what to include by looking at what that properties screen displays..........

"And in the morning, I'm makin waffles." ~ Donkey
Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you -at- yourchoice -dot- com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag