RE: Workplace Etiquette Question

Subject: RE: Workplace Etiquette Question
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:07:30 -0700 (PDT)

------------------------------
Fargas, Adrienne asks:
So what do you think? Should I ink in some pasties for the liquor lady?
Am I worrying too much about this?
------------------------------

I think it's a question of the image you want to project and of the power of any PC (political, not computer) police that might stalk the corridors.

I heard a story (can't vouche for validity) of a woman coworker that went into someone's desk drawer because she heard a male coworkers' wife had dropped off a Maxim magazine for him. The female coworker, upon seeing the Maxim magazine (in the desk drawer), promptly went and filed a complaint against the guy. So, there are wackos out there who are itching to cause trouble. Better not to give them an excuse. But this also depends on your work environment.

------------------------------
Goober Writer wrote:
Hang a voodoo doll on the opposite wall, with pins
stuck all over it. People won't notice the calendar.
------------------------------

Best solution yet!!!! Nothing like a bit a vodoo-slight-of-hand funkiness to throw off the PC police!

------------------------------
Michael West wrote:
For what it's worth, I've noticed that most successful business
people tend to have little in the way of decoration around
their work area.

Well, I'm hosed then. My cube looks like a college dorm (and I've been told so a few times). Nothing like a tie-dye wall hanging of Egyptian glyphs and Xmas lights!!! But part of the reason for my cube was enforced individuality......long story. :-(

"And in the morning, I'm makin waffles." ~ Donkey
Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you -at- yourchoice -dot- com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag