Re: Wow

Subject: Re: Wow
From: Carolee Burgess <caroleeb -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:32:52 -0400

> "...These have been the most horrible four days
> of my professional life on account of your list
> and its members making me feel like the biggest
> loser..."

Kind of scary that people you have never even met can affect your
self-esteem and professional life to such an extent.

As a newbie to the profession, I rarely post to the list because I feel like
a student in a room full of professors. Most of the time, people post
specific technical or writing problems that they need help with, and people
respond in a helpful manner.

In order to keep the list a functional forum for tech writing professionals,
rules have been clearly established. These rules work to create an
environment where nonsense and frivolity is kept to a minimum. Just reading
the list for a short time made this clear to me. It is easy to see that this
list is usually (except for Fridays) concerned with serious issues in the
tech writing arena. People that post need help in a hurry; there is no time
for water cooler chit-chat.

I learn a lot daily from this list and I enjoy/look forward to certain
posters commenting on particular threads. I may lurk, but that doesn't mean
I'm not learning.
--
"He who hurries cannot walk with dignity."

Carolee B <caroleeb -at- earthlink -dot- net>

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com