Career Fair etiquette/behavior

Subject: Career Fair etiquette/behavior
From: Carolee Burgess <caroleeb -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:14:41 -0400

Greetings all,

Let me preface by saying I have checked the archives on this topic, and the
most relevant postings were from '94.

I'm going to a career fair in Boston on Tues. to try and make some headway
as the seeker of an entry-level TW position in this market. There are
several interesting tech companies, but I'm not sure if they are seeking
writers.

My question is this: Does anyone know if there is a particular way to
approach companies at a job fair? Do you treat it like a mini-interview and
wait for questions, or do you have a quick summary of yourself that you
deliver with your resume? Should I even ask if they're looking for writers?
This is my first fair (probably of many) and I don't want to violate any
rules I am not aware of.

Thanks to all who take the time,

--
"He who hurries cannot walk with dignity."

Carolee B <caroleeb -at- earthlink -dot- net>

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com