RE: Online help using plain HTML editor

Subject: RE: Online help using plain HTML editor
From: "Stevenson, Rebecca" <Rebecca -dot- Stevenson -at- workscape -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:07:37 -0400

> It also means that our
> customers can customise the
> online help pages that we send them.

How is that beneficial? You're giving them an
opportunity to potentially distribute misinformation.

* * *

This is a business requirement at my company, and at a number of others judging by how often it comes up on this list. We sell enterprise-level HR applications; since each of our customers has different policies and procedures, they must be able to add their information to the help files for the applications. We also document tools used internally; once completed, they leave the engineering department, and we can't be responsible for fixes and updates.

The simplest HTML editors also have the value of being cheap. I still use BBEdit Lite for my own Web site... can't beat the price! :-)

Rebecca

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com