Re: Autobahn driving (was: Your opinion, please!)

Subject: Re: Autobahn driving (was: Your opinion, please!)
From: "Bruce Wolf" <bwolf -at- scheidt-bachmann-usa -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:16:31 -0400

We lived in Germany several years. My wife and I both got USAREUR licenses.
German licensing officials administered the written and driving tests we
took. We learned that German requirements to get a license are higher and
most Germans are very safe drivers.

Our German friends said the high cost of cars, the high cost of insurance,
and the potential liability in case of an accident were the main reasons for
the safe driving in Germany.

When we returned to the States (the Boston area), the p*ss-poor driving was
quite a "culture shock" for us. I'd guess that maybe, at the outside, one
in five drivers licensed in Massachusetts could earn a license in Germany on
the first or second try.

So, Jan, is writing procedures for driving instruction or testing anything
like writing computer-related procedures? (This is my feeble attempt at a
tech-writing tie-in!)

BW