Re: Autobahn driving (was: Your opinion, please!)

Subject: Re: Autobahn driving (was: Your opinion, please!)
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:28:20 +0200

So, Jan, is writing procedures for driving instruction or testing anything
like writing computer-related procedures?

To be honest, I've never given it any thought. Anyway, there aren't any written procedures for driving instructions, at least not for the learners. (There may be written procedures in instructor training - I simply don't know.)

Practical instruction does not follow procedures, it consists mainly of driving in real traffic under the supervision of the instructor. Theoretical instruction does not use procedures either, because it focuses on rules, not 'How To' aspects. (There are a few exceptions, such as a procedure for changing lanes or direction.)

So, I guess you could say that there is little procedure-writing involved in driver training.

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com