RoboHelp for .NET? (Take II)

Subject: RoboHelp for .NET? (Take II)
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:44:22 -0400

In a previous note, I suggested: <<I can see no reason I'd ever want to put
application help on the Web--with the obvious exception of Web sites and
intranets.>>

A couple folks misinterpreted that statement, which suggests that the "Web
sites and intranets" part wasn't as clear as it should have been. My
intended meaning is that if the user requires a Web connection to use the
application, then it's quite reasonable to put the Help on the Web. After
all, if they're already on the Web, my objections ("don't make them
establish a Web connection just to get help") obviously don't apply.

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

"It's one thing to see death coming at the hands of your own creation.
That's part of the human epic tradition, after all. Oedipus and his father.
Baron Frankenstein and his monster. William Henry Gates and Windows
'09."--David Brin, _Kiln People_

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com