Re: interviewing "under the hood"

Subject: Re: interviewing "under the hood"
From: DaLy <swiggles247 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

------ Dan Roberts wrote:

"Therefore, when I interview candidates, I'd like to
see the code underneath the writing samples they
provide. I think this will help me estimate their
"technical" expertise <sp?> in the tools we use here."

------

Dan, it appears to me that you are taking the easy way
out. Anyone can show you "clean, elegant code" that he
or she may or may not have written. IMHO, the best way
to estimate a candidate's technical expertise is to
ask the right questions (and know the correct
answers).

As far as letting you see my code (that is not
connected with any previous employer) without
compensation up front - NO WAY! Only an idiot would do
that.

DaLy

=====
"Rarely is the question asked...Is our children learning?"
---President George W. Bush

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com