RE: interviewing "under the hood"

Subject: RE: interviewing "under the hood"
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:19:28 -0400

Hi, Dan...

You know me, we've worked together...I'm particularly strong against sending
samples without personal representation, and I'm strong against tests.
However, if part of the requirement for a position I was interested in was
to see "under the hood" of my stuff. I'd have no problem, and infact, would
welcome a one-on-one discussion on why I templated something the way I did.
I'd guess that's what you are more interested in, not what, but why.

If the position requires this depth of technical, make them bring up a CSS
for one of their web pages and make them explain the thought process behind
how they came up with what they did...if Frame, bring up the P or C designer
view and make them explain how the style definition between two adjacent
styles (H3 and H4) work independently and also in conjunction with each
other (I doubt if you would design an H3 with 12 pt below, and H4 with 10
points above, and if so, why?).

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

From: dan_roberts -at- adp -dot- com [mailto:dan_roberts -at- adp -dot- com]
> I'm about to start interviewing for a couple of positions. I'm curious
> about the list's reactions to one aspect to how I want to
> conduct these interviews.

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com