Re: Fw: Sharepoint.. What role should I play? AGAIN

Subject: Re: Fw: Sharepoint.. What role should I play? AGAIN
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:52:24 -0700 (PDT)

> I wonder why I got so little a feedback on my
> quest.. is it off topic? or
> very few out there are interested in helping each
> other any more..

Could be that many aren't familiar with Sharepoint (I
know I'm not) and so deleted the post. This is a
public forum... not all questions will ba answered. I
recall a poster that my 6th grade teacher had hanging
in front of his desk (it made quite an impression on
me, which is why I remember it now...)

"Answers: $5; Correct Answers: $10; Dumb Looks: Free"

> anyways, Techwhirl will always be the apple of my
> eye.. :)

Aw, shucks. ;)

> > > A couple of days ago I was assigned a
> new*unplanned*unexpected*vague as
> > > always task.. "I want you to prepare an
> infrastructure for a knowledge
> > base
> > > using sharepoint".. and that was it.. I tried to
> ask more about
> > > requirements, plan or procedures but I got a ..
> "with some research I
> know
> > > you will come up with good solutions".. and off
> I was ..

Did you research the product? Did you research the
value of a KB? Did you look into what info you already
had to turn into initial KB articles?

Basically, what have you done to learn about the task
they assigned you?

It sounds like they want you to take the ball and run
with it. I say, go for it. They made it clear that
it's "your baby". Grow and mature it as you see fit.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com