RE: Portfolios

Subject: RE: Portfolios
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 23 Jun 2003 12:40:29 PDT

For printed samples, I have one of every type of document
I've written, and sort through them all before each
meeting to select 3 or 4 that best fit the project or
position involved. These are full documents, cover-to-
cover, and they are shown but never given. For those who
request samples they can keep, I provide selections from
a collection of PDFs and CHMs. All of the requests for
such samples I have received up to now have been to
send them via email, so I extract pages from the full
documents to keep the file size for each sample at less
than 1 Mb unless I know in advance that the requestor both
wants and can receive larger files. Source files are never
sent, because even if I have them in my possession they are
still the IP of the companies I created them for.

Gene Kim-Eng