RE: Motivation + career path

Subject: RE: Motivation + career path
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:30:46 -0400

::: Consider it a trademark issue. Its my name, I have
::: exclusive rights to use it.

Um, actually, no you don't, by law. Clemens vs. Clark & Co. comes to mind
here... Basically, your name as published is fair game for reference and
free public use.

::: If you want to use it, you have to get my permission first.

That is untrue. You may WANT it that way, but there's nothing binding that
aside from your want.

::: You can't use an
::: author's work without their permission - well you can't use
::: my name without my permission.

See above court decision.

::: Furthermore, I will decide when to enter a discussion, not
::: you. If you want to
::: drag my name into a discussion as an example of a type of
::: person, you will do
::: the decent thing and ask me in private first.

Is that an order, sir? I think you're over-reacting quite a bit.

::: Perhaps I should just send you an invoice for use of my name.

And waste the paper and postage?

::: Yes, I am being an a**hole about this.

Well, *that* assertion is dead-on.

::: Its because I am sick and tired of some
::: people on this list thinking its okay to attack me, berate
::: me, or attribute
::: attitudes to me that are not what I think.

I'm sorry, but when in Dick's post were you attacked, berated, or attributed
an attitude? In fact, he was right on the money in his description. Sure, he
didn't need to use your name, but, it was available and the use fit the
persona established by nearly all of your previous posts.

Honestly, you need to calm down a bit. If you don't want to be mentioned on
this list, don't make yourself so visible. Otherwise, you have to cope with
the near celebrity status you've established for yourself on this list.

Bill Swallow
wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com