Re: Motivation + career path

Subject: Re: Motivation + career path
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- net -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:50:28 +1000

You-know-who wrote:

> ... I am sick and tired of some
> people on this list thinking its okay to attack me, berate me, or attribute
> attitudes to me that are not what I think. I don't care what your
> interpretation of my posts is, it is not appropriate to use my name to advance
> your argument.

Probably a vain request, but could you cite examples
of this beratement?

I can produce quite a few example of you attributing
attitudes to others without factual basis (does "ignorance
is an asset" ring a bell?)

You have more than once claimed that I "berated" you
when in fact I had no recollection of having done so and
could find no evidence that I had done so without
realizing it (in my sleep, for example).

It all comes down, I think, to citing specifics
instead of trafficking in sweeping generalities.
We're paid to know and appreciate the difference.

--
Mike West
Melbourne, Australia

"An active-voice transitive verb always beats
a copula-and-adjective-complement combo."
-- Prof. James Bloom via William Safire

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com