RE: Motivation and satisfaction in technical writing

Subject: RE: Motivation and satisfaction in technical writing
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:42:14 -0700 (PDT)

Not so much that they could or couldn't write, but
that they didn't *want* to do the writing. It took
time away from the fun stuff--whatever development
they were involved in--which is why they became
engineers in the first place.

And I suspect it's still true that no matter how well
some engineers or programmers or developers (or other
people who employ writers) write, most of them would
still rather someone else did it.

Maggie Secara

--- Anita Legsdin <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com> wrote:
> As for the comment below: isn't that where we
> started, about 50 or so
> years ago? The way the story was told to me was that
> technical writing
> arose as a profession because engineers were (at
> that time) such lousy
> writers.

=====
Maggie Secara

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com