RE: RE: pushpins

Subject: RE: RE: pushpins
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:11:35 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, the control in question is a third-party
one, not a Microsoft one <g>. Not that our customers
need or care to know that. And, not that I care to
change my terminology based on the third-party
development software du jour. Sticking to MMoSfTP ver.
2, Chicago, and my own list of exceptions keeps me
busy enough. <g>

Cheers,

Sean

--- Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> Well, to be technically nit-picky, the Pushpin
> object
> that was referenced is not related to the push pin
> button on the UI. Remember, MapPoint was bought by
> Microsoft, and the objects defined in the API might
> have been left as-is by Microsoft (as an effort to
> go
> through and rename objects is rather tedious, and
> not
> worth-while when considering this API is only being
> used to develop mapping applications).
>
> So, go with Microsoft on this. Otherwise, develop
> the
> same functionality in-house, bundle a few extra DLLs
> that override Microsoft's native functionality, and
> then call it whatever you want. ;)

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com