RE: RE: pushpins

Subject: RE: RE: pushpins
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

Well, to be technically nit-picky, the Pushpin object
that was referenced is not related to the push pin
button on the UI. Remember, MapPoint was bought by
Microsoft, and the objects defined in the API might
have been left as-is by Microsoft (as an effort to go
through and rename objects is rather tedious, and not
worth-while when considering this API is only being
used to develop mapping applications).

So, go with Microsoft on this. Otherwise, develop the
same functionality in-house, bundle a few extra DLLs
that override Microsoft's native functionality, and
then call it whatever you want. ;)

--- Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> Well, I am not confused that Microsoft is
> inconsistent
> in its use and application of the various
> pushpin/push
> pin terms. Another reason to go with Merriam Webster
> <g>.
> --- GeneK <gene -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mappoint/html/BIZOMOPushpin.asp

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com