RE: pinpointing a web page

Subject: RE: pinpointing a web page
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:00:38 -0400

> What is going on websites structured like
> this? Why doesn't each page have a unique
> address? If I want to direct someone to
> a specific page on this website, do I need to
> tell them which options to click to get to
> the desired page? Or is there any more direct

Some web designers don't want directs to internal pages. They want everyone
to enter through the same "door". Sometimes, this is to assure them that
everyone is experiencing the same thing, sometimes it's because only by
going through the front door are they aware of everything else on the site,
and sometimes it's because there is a disclaimer or statement that they want
everyone to see.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that
never were; and I say "Why not?"
-----George Bernard Shaw, Back to Methuselah, 1921

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com