Re: Hi-tech babble baffles many

Subject: Re: Hi-tech babble baffles many
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:40:52 -0700

"Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> Last night I saw one of those Adobe commercials for PDF...
> it was pure branding, nowhere did they explain that PDF
> stands for Portable Document Format...

and Sean Brierley asked:

> Why would Adobe have to explain that in a TV ad?

That's precisely his point: that people don't need (and apparently don't want) to know the technology behind products in order to buy them, and that companies would do well (as Adobe has apparently discovered) to tout their brand names and the benefits of their products rather than the technologies that power them.

--David

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

HTML Indexer 4 includes fully integrated cross-references, target frames
and windows, multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries,
and more!

http://www.html-indexer.com/

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com