RE: ADMIN: Civility and content

Subject: RE: ADMIN: Civility and content
From: "Ward, Teri A" <teri -dot- a -dot- ward -at- pss -dot- boeing -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:19:19 -0700

I think a limit on posts would have disastrous effects on the
back-and-forth, discussion-type aspect of this list. "Oops, I made
a mistake" posts would have to wait until the next day. "Apology"
posts would probably have to wait also. If I didn't clearly understand
a question, I'd be tempted not to waste my one post on requesting
clarification.

A person would have to pick which thread to respond to on any given
day. What if I "spent" my one post in the morning, then found out
I had a great answer to another thread in the afternoon? Too late -
wait until tomorrow to answer.

And most important of all --- I'd be limited to only one Keith Cronin
sig line per day!! Aaack!

I think in the past Eric's done a superb job of either suspending
certain members' posting privileges, or booting them off altogether.
I trust Eric & Deb's good judgment, and thank them again for
providing us this forum.

Teri Ward
Seattle, sunny and warm today

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com