Antwort: RE: ADMIN: Civility and content

Subject: Antwort: RE: ADMIN: Civility and content
From: Kerstin -dot- Molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:25:14 +0200

Hi!

Rose Wilcox wrote:

><<
>If *civility* (or lack thereof) is the issue, address *that*.
>[...]
>Police (oh don't we hate that word!) the uncivil with banishment.[snip]>>
>I agree with Dave. I don't think the one post a day limit will do
>anything but kill the list. [...] the occasional bouncing of people
>who do not follow the stated rules can be of great help. In most cases,
>there is a policy of one or two warnings before the bouncing, and
>allowing people to come back [...] after a certain amount of time [...]
>This is fair to the offending list member as it gives warning in case
>the person was simply ignorant of the posted rules [...] This is fair
>to the other list members as it protects them from people who
>consistently violate the list rules.

That would be the course I'd prefer Eric to take. I don't think posting
limits a good idea; the reasons have been stated by many others. Banishing
the offenders only - inbstead of all list members - is indeed the fairest
thing to do. Those who need help, and those who give help, should not
suffer from those who van't behave. (And yes, I still hold that opinion if
I'm the one who doesn#t behave.)

>The delete key will have to be used at any rate, but people who
>consistently post off-topic posts should be eventually bumped off the
>list. Since it is a less serious infraction than flaming, maybe more
>warnings are in order. [...]

Sounds good. Eric - are you able to deal with the list in such a way, or is
it too much work?

[...]

Ciao,
Kerstin

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com