pick a solution (was: Civility and content)

Subject: pick a solution (was: Civility and content)
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:18:17 -0700 (PDT)

I think it's funny that for over 12 hours now the
majority of list traffic has been focused on Eric's
post and not Technical Communication. I can understand
his frustration.

I have a suggestion:

Let's stop discussing the pros and cons and let Eric
just pick a solution, post about it, and then run the
list by it. We'll see how it works, and if it's not
successful, Eric can then decide to revert, try
something new, or whatever.

It's nice to think we all have some stake in this
community, but if you look at the facts, Eric runs it,
the list is veering waaaaay off topic (far beyond the
1 space or 2 threads), and people *are* getting a
little testy on and off list.

So let's allow Eric to try implementing some of his
ideas and see how they work. In the meantime, let's
get back to TechComm, shall we?

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com