Re: Nielsen frags PDF with misinformative Alertbox... AGAIN!

Subject: Re: Nielsen frags PDF with misinformative Alertbox... AGAIN!
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:00:18 -0400

From: <kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com>

> Goober wrote:
>
> > Honestly, this guy blames technology for bad
> > authoring. So I blame him for bad information.
> >

> Actually, as much NOT a fan of Jakob Nielsen as I am, I'm in total
> agreement with his article. I hate PDF for anything other than a hardcopy
> document whose publication is completely under my control. As a final
> softcopy deliverable I think they're awful.

I'm probably a mddle-of-the-roader on PDFs, but I am amazed that this guy's
held up as an online design guru when his Web site is so unusable and hard to
read. Who wants to resize the window just to avoid line lengths that are 100%
of the width of the screen? When did such a thing become good design?
Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
http://www.editors-writers.info

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com