more moderators? Great idea!

Subject: more moderators? Great idea!
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:03:51 -0700 (PDT)

> - Increased regulation, as has been proposed by
> several participants:
> Tell offending posters (off-list) specifically that
> they offended and
> how they did - which would not be feasible without
> more moderators -
> and/or more sanctions for offenders (temporary and
> permanent revocation
> of posting privileges). The latter presumably could
> be handled by Eric
> alone, but might seem arbitrary without prior
> individual warnings,
> which again might require more moderators.

I think more moderators is a great idea. Eric has
indicated on more than one occasion that his day job
doesn't allow him to be as close to the list as he
needs to be. So, why not add a couple more moderators?

I have an additional suggestion...

Set up an anonymous "moderator" email account,
probably through Yahoo or Hotmail so all moderators
can use it easily, and allow moderators to use that
when "correcting" the rule-breakers. That way, no one
has a specific person to blame when being "corrected".
Anonymity is good in this regard.

Set up a workflow for moderators to bcc all moderators
on any "correction" e-mail correspondance (on-list or
off) so the others know when one moderator acts,
preventing 2 or more moderators from jumping on one
single infraction.

It's a good idea. I'm all for it (obviously). I think
this is a much better approach than limiting posting
to X per person per day.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sbc.yahoo.com

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com