Re: XML conversion

Subject: Re: XML conversion
From: "Gururaj B S" <gururaj_bs -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:29:21 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Kelley" <justin -dot- kelley -at- autodesk -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 1:54 AM
Subject: XML conversion

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with converting
their doc set to XML and can talk with me offline about it. I'm looking
for someone who knows the process well and can tell me the pros and
cons of it.

Thanks,

Justin

<<Guru
Justin, try doing this: 1) Install SGML Author on your system. It's a
plug-in for MS-Word. 2) Convert the Word document into SGML format. 3) Use
Xmetal to convert an SGML document into XML. It's not a very laborious
process..Quite simple actually!!

Cheers
Gururaj

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com