RE: Best Practices in Indicating Versions

Subject: RE: Best Practices in Indicating Versions
From: lisava -at- psitek -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:37:38 -0600

Hi There,

Sorry to sound stupid, but what on earth are change bars?

We have always used a Document Control Table on the second page of
documents, this gives a list of:

Date released
Release Number
Document Code (all our parts go as part of a bom (bill of materials)
Author
Description of Updates

We have found this to be quite sufficient.

Lisa

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com