Content Management for Word documents

Subject: Content Management for Word documents
From: lisava -at- psitek -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:45:44 -0600

Hi All,

I am in the midst of a battle for conversion over to XML from Corel Draw -
yes, yes I know what on earth was the person thinking when they created
documentation in Corel Draw.

Never the less, I am now saddled with the mammoth task of moving those
documents over - about 7 products worth of user manuals, help files,
brochures and other technical docs.

I have an up and coming French translation which I need to do asap.
However, the conversion of Corel Draw to XML is a task that is too time
consuming to do now. As a temporary measure, I want to take the document
and create an MS word document and then at a later date move over to XML.

I am concerned about being able to track changes and versioning while my
documents are in MS Word and need some advice - if anyone knows of a
product that is a content management system for MS word documents?

Lisa van Aswegen
Research and Development
Psitek (Pty) Ltd
Cape Town, South Africa
E-mail: lisava -at- psitek -dot- com

Notice
This is a legally privileged and confidential communication intended only
for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that the law may prohibit the unauthorised dissemination or use
of
this communication, and you are kindly requested to notify us and delete
the
erroneous communication. We do not accept liability for any damages, loss
or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the accessing of any
attachments (including damages caused by computer and/or software
viruses).

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com