RE: Indexing style refs

Subject: RE: Indexing style refs
From: "Karen Zorn" <klzorn -at- zorntech -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:01:56 -0700

My new group is setting off into the wilds of indexing, and I hope to
develop indexing guidelines for all our docs. Can anybody here recommend
good (or warn me away from bad) online or dead-trees indexing style/best
practices references?

Thanks!
- Kate

I can't recommend Indexing guidelines, but if you are using FrameMaker,
I highly recommend purchasing IXGen from Frank Stearns & Associates
(http://www.fsatools.com/). This software really streamlines the
indexing process and helps create better indexes.

I have no financial interest in the company, just a very satisfied user.

Karen L. Zorn
Zorn Technologies, Inc.
Mesa, AZ