RE: RE: Indexing style refs

Subject: RE: RE: Indexing style refs
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "'Susan W. Gallagher'" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:14:45 -0400

You cannot accommodate every user however they want. At a certain point, you
must say no. If my user gets upset because I haven't put "way cook button"
in the index, or if I include 20 synonyms and they can't find it because I
didn't include the 21st one, I say tough. We're here to create solid,
accurate documentation, not to bow to every off-the-wall whim of everyone on
the face of the earth.

The customer is the customer and the customer ISN'T always right.

John Posada
Information Hunter-Gatherer
Special Projects; Information Technology
Barnes&Noble.com
NY: 212-414-6656