Translating RoboHelp WinHelp 2000 Help System

Subject: Translating RoboHelp WinHelp 2000 Help System
From: "Klasovsky, Nick" <nklasovsky -at- nordson -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:23:52 -0400

Checked the TECHWR-L archives, couldn't access it yesterday or this morning,
so I'm posting this question.

We have a large WinHelp system for an industrial control operator interface
that runs on Windows 2000 or XP. It was done in RoboHelp WinHelp 9. We need
to translate it from English to 7 other languages. What's the best way to do
this? Our corporate translation team in Germany does not have RoboHelp, so
giving them the Word doc to translate is not satisfactory, since it does
nothing for the index or TOC, and the translators will probably end up
trashing the embedded coding anyway.

Is there a way to translate WinHelp without using RoboHelp? If not, can
anyone recommend an experienced translation agency that can do this for us,
one that produces quality output at a reasonable cost?

Please respond off list, I only get the digest.

Thanks in advance,

Nick Klasovsky
Senior Technical Writer
Nordson Corporation