RE: Indexing style refs

Subject: RE: Indexing style refs
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:50:08 -0700 (PDT)

Microsoft's indexing has always been crappy. Many things
are indexed under only one thing, and it's usually the
wrong thing. You can only read about a field code by
looking up "Field codes" but if you don't know that's what
they're called...

Voting in Outlook is probably there, but buried under some
larger topic, without so much as a cross-reference. (Try
"voting".)

Maggie Secara

--- John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com> wrote:

> Let me give you an example of why I vote for quality vs
> quantity.
>
> I'm working on something that might take advantage of the
> Voting capability
> of Outlook 2000.
>
> So, I clicked Help -> Microsoft Outlook Help and in the
> Index -> Type
> keywords, I entered "vote". Do you know that it doesn't
> even show up?
> BTW...neither does poll, opinion,
>
> We're talking about 10 synonyms possibly being too skimpy
> and we can't even
> include the primary term?

=====
Maggie Secara

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com