AuthorIt and content management

Subject: AuthorIt and content management
From: "Dennis Cremin" <dpcremin -at- adelphia -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:40:06 -0400

Hi,

I am looking at implementing a content management solution for my company.
Right now we are using a combination of different elements (FrameMaker
files, Word docs, RoboHelp projects, Star Team, Intranet site, etc.) to
maintain and publish our content. We are working with accessible (Section
508) content, and much of our documentation is translated into over 15
languages. The company is growing quickly, so we are looking for a system
to help us more effectively manage our knowledge assets.

I have been reading "Content Management for Dynamic Web Delivery" by Joann
Hackos for information. I don't want to jump the gun on software or tools,
so I was hoping someone who has worked with different technologies could
give me some insight. I am particularly interested in AuthorIt, so any
opinions on that solution would be very helpful and most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis Cremin