Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "Spreadbury, David C." <David -dot- Spreadbury -at- marconi -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:01:15 -0400

David,

Seems to me the reason for the customer's request is fairly clear. They want the developers to maintain the help files after the contractor is gone and then have the contractor return periodically to update the manual. They're not about to have developers learn to use FrameMaker. So there is no mystery as to why the customer wants this. The challenge is to offer an alternative that actually works, and asking the developers to do the maintenance in XML as you suggested seems like a good solution.

Dick

Spreadbury, David C. wrote:

I also ask, as another responder did, "Why do you have to update the Help
files and not FrameMaker"?