RE: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances

Subject: RE: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:49:37 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com> wrote:
> What do you have to lose? Nobody will say "yes" if
> you don't ask.
> It doesn't cost much to e-mail a resume.

Right.

The first job I ever got in tech writing I got in
response to a senior position posting. I had *NO*
qualifications (well, I'd used a word processor in the
past). I just happened to hit the right employer at
the right time, and yes, I had a custom-tailored cover
letter and focused resume that showed them that though
I didn't have senior qualifications, I was worth
hiring for my attention to detail and level of effort
displayed.

It costs you NOTHING to apply, and you never know...
you just may get the job. It's a win/no-lose gamble.
If only you could get that kind of deal in Vegas!

True, clearance isn't a trivial matter, but what the
hell; if you have good qualifications, they may at
least keep you in mind and possibly get the ball
rolling on clearance for a future job (or may identify
a non-clearance position to tide you over with).

You don't know until you try.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com