Creating Microsoft Word template - How do I prompt for information?

Subject: Creating Microsoft Word template - How do I prompt for information?
From: fbelton -at- octigabay -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:14:00 -0600

Hi all,

I am a FrameMaker user, and rarely use Microsoft Word. I have recently
been asked to create a Word template for the engineers here at work (poor
darlings - I have the only FM license), am having a little trouble...

Here's what I want to do (pardon me if I get the Word terminology wrong).

When someone uses the template to start a new document, I want a dialog
box to pop up, prompting for the Title, DocID, Date, AuthorName, and
IssueNo. I then want this information to be propogated to different fields
in the document - some goes on the title page, some goes into headers and
footers, etc. I know how to create Word cross-references, but am not sure
how I can get the initial dialog box to appear. (Or if this is even
possible).

Hope you can help! Please CC me directly on your reply,
Fiona (WinXP)